The primary real estate investment model has changed drastically over the years. Typically, a homeowner would save, find a property, buy it, find a tenant, and rent it out. This lengthy process meant waiting over ten years to live off your investment.
While this model is still profitable, there are better ways to quickly benefit from a real estate investment. One such method is flipping beds on Airbnb. With this technique, you don’t need to buy the property; you can rent it for an extended period and list it on Airbnb for bookings.
But… before you read what I have to say about flipping beds on Airbnb, imagine if you could rent out DIGITAL properties. I’m talking about renting out properties that exist ONLINE only (not in the physical world). Properties like this can get you much higher rent, and there are no property taxes, no repair costs, no homeowners insurance, and the profits can be MUCH greater: Digital Real Estate Video Here.
Here’s a video of my daughter’s business using this :
The course my daughter used above is much better than a bed-flipping strategy. But since you are here to learn about flipping beds on Airbnb, lets get back to that:
The only hurdle is getting the homeowner to agree to the arrangement and setting up the space for bookings. Luckily, there are courses to help you navigate the murky business. They’ll take you through finding a suitable property, negotiating with the owner, and staging the space for Airbnb bookings. We look at three flipping beds on Airbnb services:
Developed by Ari Rahmanian and Shaun Ghavami, 10x Bnb is a coaching program that helps people with zero experience in real estate to make money through Airbnb. It’s also designed for people with one or more Airbnb properties to scale their real estate business.
Ari and Shaun decided to develop the program in a bid to find ways to earn money and retire early. The two entrepreneurs realized they were stuck in the typical employee retirement plan, yet they saw many people live out their dreams by opening bed-and-breakfast properties.
However, with their meager salaries owning such properties was just a pipe dream. It was then that Shaun decided to list his spare bedroom on Airbnb to start making money. Upon realizing the potential in listing properties on the app, they decided to flip properties for a living.
Since the business presented little risks, they could scale the venture within a year. They started the company in 2017, and by 2018 they had over $5 million in Airbnb bookings. Shaun and Ari later developed the 10x BnB program to help people learn how to flip properties. The program has three parts:
- Bed flipping: In this part, you learn how to leverage other people’s properties to make money through Airbnb. The course provides a detailed guide to help you find homeowners willing to rent out their properties and flip them for an income
- Retail arbitrage: This part teaches you how to scale your business i.e., rent out a property for a higher amount to make a profit
- Ownership: For this part, the course teaches you how to purchase properties at a discount. You learn how to find properties with the potential to generate huge returns when rented out
What is the Cost of 10x BnB Program?
Typically, the cost of the program varies by package. There are three packages-Diamond ($30,000), VIP Package ($15,000), and a Standard Package ($7000). All the costs are one-time payments and don’t include dditional charges.
Short-Term Rental Secrets
This is another online program that helps investors automate various Airbnb operations. Michael Sjogren, the founder of the Short-term Rental Secrets course, explains that managing multiple Airbnb properties can be tasking, and automating some activities can ease the process.
Michael is an expert in short-term rentals with a portfolio of short-term rentals in five states. He has made over seven income figures in investments, including boutique hotels. He
established Short-term Rental Secrets in 2019 in a bid to train people to manage and generate an income from short-term rental properties.
The 12-month course teaches you to automate crucial aspects of the Airbnb business including:
- Pricing: Michael recommends using a dynamic software called Guesty to help you determine an area’s occupancy rate, any upcoming events, and the average rent to make it easy to adjust the price
- Access and security: With Michael’s smart lock, you can generate codes for your guests to help you determine when they check in and out of the property
- Guest communication: The course also includes a communication system you can integrate with an Airbnb app to ease communication with your customers
- Management: The program also helps you manage every aspect of the short-term rentals, including checking in and out, identifying areas that need repairs and replenishing supplied when they’re low
Short-term rental Secrets program includes:
- A 45-minute session where Michael explains how to be an Airbnb host
- Coaching calls are held every week
- Learning how to automate some Airbnb processes
- One-on-one sessions with Michael
What is the Cost of a Short-term Rental Secrets Course?
Apparently, the course cost isn’t displayed on the website; Michael reveals the price during your initial contact with him or his team.
Step by Step BnB
Another course that could pique your interest is the Step-by-Step BnB guide by Jake and Erik. The course equips those new in the hosting business with the necessary tools to start and run a successful Airbnb business.
Step by Step BnB is much more detailed than Shaun and Ari’s guide, as it takes you through a step-by-step process to help you set up an Airbnb business. You learn how to:
- Find a suitable property for the business
- Go through the property buying process, including making inspections, getting an offer, and closing in on the deal
- Renovate a home to get the most bang for the buck
- Furnish a home
- Leverage time-saving solutions when running an Airbnb business
Both Erik and Jake have extensive knowledge of the real estate industry. Jake has up to 10 listings on Airbnb, while Erik has worked for a rental management company for vacation homes.
What is the Cost of Step By Step BnB?
Step By Step offers a free course to all its subscribers. All you need to do is to register with your name and email.
Should You Sign up for an Airbnb bed-flipping program? My Verdict
Flipping beds on Airbnb services equip you with the knowledge and skills to run an Airbnb business successfully. However, it will take a lot of convincing to rent out a property for a profit. Also, listing, marketing, staging, and cleaning up the space are incredibly tasking. While the courses provide basic knowledge about flipping beds for a profit, you’ll do all the heavy lifting. As such, you must ask yourself if the seven or fifteen-thousand-dollar course is worth it.